Everyone always says time goes by so quickly with children, and dear god they’re right. The days are long, but the years are short. It feels like we just brought her home from the hospital three months ago!
In the past year of parenting, I have:
- Carried Sarah–and breastfed her–while getting an in-depth tour of my friends’ new house. This included the front and back yards.
- Left the house in a white shirt, only discovering–too late–that I had some baby poop on it. Immediately concocted a pumpkin smoothie cover story.
- Discovered that yes, depending on the time of day, there is an acceptable amount of pee on Sarah’s clothing.
- Eaten food that was on her face.
- Raced into her room the morning after she slept through the night to see if she’s still breathing.
- Blown her mind with my stellar peekaboo skills.
- Realized I can never kiss her enough.
- Put her down in a safe place and taken a minute to calm down.
- Sneaked into her room to wish her goodnight before I turned in for the night. That was every night this year.