I am up far too late, considering that I’m leaving at 6 am for Emerald City Comicon in Seattle–for the day. I’m estimating about eight hours of driving and about four hours of passing out flyers for GeekCraft Expo PDX and schmoozing with friends and cool comics people I would like to be friends with.
But! I wanted to share my outfit and survival kit with you all. Clockwise from center:
- Striped tank dress – It’s cute and comfy, and it should be in the mid-70s tomorrow. In a pinch, if for some reason I spend the night (highly unlikely, as it is, I’m dreading leaving Sarah for the day), I could sleep in it.
- Spider-Man sweatshirt – In case I get cold.
- Sneakers – Essential, of course. At my second SDCC I made the mistake of wearing “comfy” sandals my first day and got quarter-sized blisters. Don’t do it.
- GeekCraft Expo PDX flyers – With my contact info on the back. Like business cards!
- Pen – Duh.
- Sunglasses – For driving, or in case I look super tired/I want to be mysterious/I need to hide from someone.
- Tote bag – Tons more flyers in here!
- Phone charger – It slipped down into one of the tote pockets.
- Coffee/water thermos
- Hairbrush – Trying to look professional!
- Medicine kit – Band-Aids, ibuprofen, Tums, and Gas-X: I’m ready for anything, folks.
- Deodorant – A must.
- Flattering neutral lipstick – This is Rimmel’s Dusty Rose, which is cheap and looks good on anyone. I was once out to dinner with a group of girlfriends–a brunette with blue eyes, a blond with hazel eyes, and a redhead with green-blue eyes–and made them all try it on. It’s a miracle lipstick.
- Snacks – Almonds and yogurt raisins.
- Maps and list of targets/friends (pictured below) – I get disoriented and overwhelmed pretty easily, so I made a plan and printed this out on card stock. Yes, I’m a dork.
- Life Savers
- Breast pump – Did I mention I’m leaving my sweet, 18-month-old daughter for at least 12 hours? And that every time she did something cute today (she’s pretty much cute all the time) I gave her an extra hug and worried about leaving her? My baby!
Wish me luck!