I’ve been meaning to write down Sarah’s milestones as she grows, but . . . well, better late than never. She had her nine-month checkup today, and all looks great!
Weight: 21 pounds, 10 ounces (this is why my wrists hurt all the time)
Height: 29.5 inches
So . . . Sarah is a big baby! 98th percentile for height, 90th percentile for weight. I’ve been, um, blessed with a more-than-plentiful supply of milk, so I guess it was inevitable. We went to Book Babies at the library this week and she was bigger than the 11-month-olds. I have her in 18-month clothing–and it’s only a little big on her!
Sarah at nine months:
- No teeth, but still eating more and more solid foods. Sweet potatoes are her favorite, but she loves bananas, nectarines, and blueberries, and she likes peas and zucchini as well. Broccoli was shut. down. I will try again soon.
- She just had her first meat the other day at the grocery store. The man at the deli counter gave us a sample of the ham he was cutting for us, and she was eyeing it. She definitely understands when we’re eating, and she wants to try everything!
- Sarah is (drumroll please) sleeping through the night on a regular basis: usually 6:30 pm-6:00 am. She rarely ever got up more than once per night, but this has still been heavenly. If I go to bed at 10:00 pm, I can get eight hours of sleep!
- We are down to two naps per day.
- She is almost crawling. She’s doing the army crawl, dragging one leg behind and spraddling across the floor.
- She’s always been into standing, but now she wants to do it again . . . and again . . . and again! With my help, of course.
- Sarah is still the sweetest, easiest baby I’ve ever known. Full of smiles, especially for her brother. She even cuddles a little now. People are always drawn to her–at restaurants, the grocery store, etc. She’s very used to being told she’s cute.
So . . . is this all normal, other mamas? What’s next? And . . . when will there be teeth?